Saturday, August 13, 2011

Watched: 'The Graduate'


You know the movie. 1967. Dustin Hoffman. The intriguing Mrs. Robinson. I am not really sure why I had never seen this movie before. I had not even seen parts. My husband can tell you that I am the queen of "Oh I have seen that movie...well, parts of it". I hadn't even seen a sliver of The Graduate. My husband - shocked. "That's a classic" he says. "Who hasn't seen The Graduate?" Well, I hadn't. Until now.

Thanks to the American Film Institute's List of the Top 100 Movies of All Time, I have now realized that dream. I am one step closer to seeing the top 100 movies ever made. Awesome.

So what did I think? I thought it was really good. I even thought it was funny at times. Dustin Hoffman gave a great performance (and he looked so young didn't he?). It was not what I thought it was going to be -- You know when you have an "idea" of how things are but when you actually experience them, you were way off? That is how I felt about this movie. But I liked it non the less.

Would I recommend it? Sure would. It is one of those classic movies I would say you should watch just to say you watched it, yet come out liking it at the same time.

#17 on the movie list. Done.




No comments:

Post a Comment