Thursday, January 6, 2011

#21 Join a Book Club


I used to be an avid reader...and then life got in the way. Now as part of this challenge, I have decided to get back into the love of reading and join a book club. Why a book club? Because even though I like reading, I am not really sure what books to read. There are so many different genres, authors, etc. You get my drift, so I figure a book club can do the work for me and just tell me what to read.

The problem for me is that I don't have the time to actually GO to book club meetings (I know), so I went in search of trying to find one online. The ones I have found though have terribly inactive blogs or forums and it is hard to find a group that is still vibrant and active. I tried just going online to big sites like Oprah's Book Club, but they just list all of the books on the list and then you are left to find forums on people currently reading those books. Good luck to you.

So by nothing short of a miracle, one of the blogs I read decided to start a book club for the new year. Awesome! If you want to join in the fun, the blog is the Lady Bloggers Society and the January book is Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. The positive about joining a brand new club is that at least I will get in on the forums while they are active. I hope this pans out for me.

Lastly, I needed a place to get a constant supply of books. The library copies are always so limited, and I love Amazon and my Kindle for Mac, but unless they run super cheap, I don't like buying books. So I found Booksfree.com. It is essentially the Netflix for books. Awesome. Only $10.99/month for 2 books out at a time, and I figure if I read at least 2-3 books a month, I am getting my money's worth. Check it out and join me in the quest to read more books!

#21. Done.




No comments:

Post a Comment