Monday, January 10, 2011

#7 Don't Complain About Anything For A Week



Wow. I knew this one would be hard, but I had no idea. Don't get me wrong, I am not a complainer. I like to look at the bright side of things and stay positive...most of the time. But you don't realize what you complain about until you actually think about it and try to stop doing it. From the smallest complaints:

  • Why isn't this light changing?
  • The line here is so long!
  • Gosh my feet hurt, why did I buy these shoes?

Yes. These are complaints. Don't usually think about it do you? We usually are aware of the bigger ones, but it's these smaller ones that we overlook. 

Well, I dedicated a week to no complaints, and I'll be honest, I had to start over quite a bit. Case in point: I started this goal Thanksgiving week. When did I finish? It took me a mere month later to complete one full week, but I am proud to say that I finished it before the new year. As hard as it was to realize that I was complaining over the little things, it sure did feel good to realize that these things were unimportant and not worth complaining about. 

You know what? Life is so much better without them.

#7. Done.




No comments:

Post a Comment